Friday, November 9, 2007

3rd Annual 29th Birthday


Thirty-two is not a very exciting birthday. It's not one of the big ones, it holds little significance and its not even prime. Even numbers, in general, are pretty boring. Mathematically, I'm in for a lame year. On the bright side, I spent some quality time around a fire with friends which is always a good thing. I learned to make lefse from my in-laws and found that I am genetically predisposed to the craft. Of course, we already knew about my inclination towards the kitchen arts. That brings me to my two favorite birthday presents, both from my loving husband. First he gave me a 3-quart stainless-steel All Clad saucier or "chef's pan." Lovely. Then, for inspiration, he took me out to dinner at La Belle Vie. Our friends Dave and Julie joined us and we indulged greedily in the 7 course chef's tasting. Devine.

No comments: