

In Flagstaff we visited the Lowell Observatory and were a bit startled to find that Percy Lowell is in his own private little mock-observatory/mosoleum right in the middle of the grounds. We went back after dark to look at Saturn through the big Clark telescope and had to wait in the darkness right next to his creepy crypt. He was one strange man.
And, speaking of the Lowell Observatory, be sure to ask Nathan about his doorknob of shame.
Now to the other end of the state, we had the opportunity to attend a couple of Cactus League spring training games. We joined my collegue in public radio, Scott and his wife Marilyn at the Giants v. Brewers game in Scottsdale and then went to the Bitch Sox v. Royals game with Nathan's parents in Tucson. The traveling gnome also attended both games.
At some point, I will have to do a retrospective of all the places the gnome has been. He's travelled quite extensively these last three years.
At some point, I will have to do a retrospective of all the places the gnome has been. He's travelled quite extensively these last three years.
We had the pleasure of spending a couple of relaxing days with Ann and Merald at thier place in Green Valley. The guys headed to Kitt Peak to look at more telescopes while Ann and I visited the Desert Museum. I loved the aviary, especially these two pretty birdies.

1 comment:
I have to get me a traveling gnome. That's awesome.
Post a Comment