Monday, July 7, 2008

July 4th Weekend - Babies and Sunshine

Cabin rules: Let the kiddies get as dirty as they can all day, then scrub 'em up good in the outdoor tub before bed :) Lukas, age 1; Miranda, age 3; Tobin, age 1: Each with an assigned parent.
Six months pregnant! It's the first time in my life that I'm not a bit self-conscious about how I look. What better time to finally break out the yellow polka dot bikini? Lots and lots of suncreen was neccassary, however.


2 comments:

Muggsy said...

It was an itsy bitsy teenie weenie yellow polka-dot bikini
That she wore for the first time today (Oh yeah)
An itsy bitsy teenie weenie yellow polka-dot bikini
So in the locker she wanted to stay
(Two, three, four, stick around we'll tell you more)

Lemony said...

Hey Cari!

Wow, look at you and your beautiful belly! (and those gorgeous kids in the tub!)

I've been reading back over your blog. . . I remember Josie moving for the first time: mindfuck is a good word. She just made this little wrapping motion–knock, knock, hello, I'm here in your belly. As your babe gets bigger and stronger, you'll be amazed by the movements he'll make: Not just kicking, but stretching and flipping, too. There's nothing like it.

Re: weight gain. Hmmm. I think I gained a total of 45 lbs (and I wasn't a rail to begin with!) I'm going to guess that you'll gain somewhere around 40. The good news is that almost 6 weeks later I've already lost 30 lbs without any effort on my part. (The first 8 lbs of which was Miss Josephine, of course:-) ) Yay, breastfeeding!

Keep posting those belly pix, and take good care! Hope to see you, Nature, and little Pamplemousse soon (or is he more of an épi de maïs now?)

Emily