I am filled with mixed emotions today as I face the reality of going back to work full-time tomorrow. It has been 91/2 weeks since Henry was born and it seems like it all took place in a thirty second movie montage set to lullabies. Blurry, quick-cut, short snippets - over fast - and not really a good summary of the plot.
Sigh.
On the one hand, I look forward to getting back to work. I love my job and my collegues and I miss the adult world. I look forward to having conversations about things other than diapers and milk production and the pros and cons of brands of butt paste. I enjoy being busy. On the other hand, it will be very hard for me to leave this beautiful little boy. I do not look forward to becoming best friends with my breast pump and I fear that I will blather on annoyingly to anyone who will listen about diapers and milk production and the pros and cons of butt paste. Will I become on of those moms who talks incessantly about her kid? Will my cube become a shrine to the baby, every inch of wall space covered in pictures and drawings? Will I freak out, quit my job, forget about my Masters degree, take the baby and run for the hills?
Maybe I'll be okay. Maybe this blog will occasionally once again feature posts on something of interest other than the baby. Maybe.
No comments:
Post a Comment