Wednesday, July 15, 2009

He's on the move!

Riding the carousel at Como Park with Daddy

Oh, baby, baby, baby boy. You are growing up too fast. This week in Henry's world, developments and frustrations abound. He is too busy practicing his new found physical abilities to sit still long enough to do things like drink milk or eat. He is only nursing twice a day now, at bedtime and in the morning and has decided that he does not care for the bottle. Instead, he's gone straight to the sippy cup, albeit with the soft, nipple-like spout. For two weeks now, he's been up on his hands and knees rocking and I've found him sitting up in the crib. Yesterday, he pulled up to his knees in the crib, reminding me that I have to keep that rail up! Look what I can do, Momma!
This morning Nathan and I saw him go from hands and knees to sitting on his bum in one swift motion. He will be crawling in the next few days as he is rapidly figuring out how to move his knees and hands forward. He lunges for the kitties and soon will be all-out terrorizing them.On the move
All this new activity makes for frustration for both Momma and baby. He insists on twisting around dangerously on the changing table, making for difficult diaper changes. He has grown an opinion about where he wants to be when and I forecast major battles of will between the young son and I. At the same time, I am thrilled and his accomplishments and sad, too, that he won't be an infant much longer. He'll be weaned from the breast in another month and I'll miss nursing a lot. However, the prospect of kicking Daddy out of bed when the boy wakes up and sleeping in is increasingly appealing...

1 comment:

SuperChunk said...

I'm having Hank withdrawl :( Must get over this cold thingy soon so I can hug and squeeze and tickle and spoil and love the Hankster.