Thursday, October 4, 2007

Visit with Mom & Dad

We took my Mom and Dad to their first-ever game at the Metrodome for the 9/20 day game of the Twins vs. White Sox. Sadly, both teams were already out of play-off contention and it was likely the last time I'll ever see Torii Hunter in a Twins uniform. Not a very good game, but I think that the folks enjoyed the experience anyway. Nathan's parents joined us, too. Dad even wore my Twins cap :)



After the game, we took the whole group down to see the crews hauling the last of the I-35 bridge out of the Mississippi River. I still can't think about it with out getting this horrible knot in the pit of my stomach. Nathan and I were just a couple of bridges over when it fell. All of the debris is gone now, being carefully reassembled downstream by the NTSB. Now we can sit back and listen to the city, county and state politicians fight over the money to rebuild the bridge while we sit in awful traffic all the good god day long...

No comments: