Final grades for Spring semester were posted today and I got an A. This may be the first time ever I've had a cumulative grade point average of 4.0 two semesters running. This semester's class, Professional Ethics, was not hard but it was arduous. I dreaded it, in fact. I've spent a lot of time questioning the wisdom of starting a Masters degree in my 30's. Why, exactly, am I doing this? Yeah, yeah career advancement, blah, blah life long learning, personal enrichment and so on. I'm putting myself through what could potentially be a spirit crushing 8 week law for nonprofits intensive this summer. Why am I really doing this? I am not a glutton for punishment. I don't routinely do things that hurt or, frankly, tax me in any way. I like to lounge about, taking it easy. So, it must be the promise of money. Isn't that the real reason Americans do anything? I will put myself through three years of grad school misery only because there is the promise of a six figure salary at the other end.
The truth comes out.
No comments:
Post a Comment