Thoughts, reminiscing, ramblings and statements of truth from a very un-princess-like Minnesota girl.
Friday, May 2, 2008
Week 15
I visted my OB yesterday and we listened to the fetus' heartbeat using a Doppler. It essentially looks like a microphone that you place on the belly. The sound was clear and very strong, cruising along at a nice speedy clip of 160 beats per minute. I've been feeling just fine, thank you very much for asking! The worst of the first-trimester yuks seem to be gone, only to be replaced by new curiosities like constant heartburn and other unseemly bodily functions. I've bugun to outgrow my wardrobe and will be packing most of it away in tubs soon. I've started wearing some of Angie's old maternity clothes (thanks, poo!) and will be unpacking the ones I got from Sam soon. My close co-workers know, but I have not told the whole world yet. I think they'll start to guess as the weather warms up and my belly gets rounder and harder to hide. I relish the opportunity to red-face the first person who asks by responding that "No, I am not, in fact, pregnant. I've just decided to let myself go..."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was gonna say something about the guy, but who am I to talk.
Post a Comment