Happy Nathan at the helm
Later that day, I took Henry to the beach and let him play in the water for the first time. I was relieved that he liked the water and plan to teach him to swim as soon as possible. As much as I like swimming in lakes, I was a bit put off by the Mayfly stew happening that day. A huge hatch had deposited millions of carcasses in the water and make swimming a little unappetizing.
We also took the boy for his first ride in daddy's boat. He didn't hate wearing the life jacket, but was confused and uncomfortable. He smiled a lot and looked around, especially at the splashing water. He ended up being lulled into a sound sleep by the motion of the boat by the time we got back to camp.
I love sleeping in tents, especially when its raining, and we had a great rain storm on the second night. Henry slept so soundly that we all slept in until 9am, entranced by the sound.
Dinner on Saturday night was memorable as it was more of a disaster than dinner. Just as we were about to sit down to eat the sky grew very dark, there was a single clap of thunder and we had to scramble to get the picnic table, the food, drinks and baby out of the sudden and drenching downpour. Everyone got a little wet, Henry wouldn't eat, Nathan's campfire nearly went out, several drinks were spilled and it was all fairly chaotic and funny. But, the brats were tasty and hot, everyone got enough to eat and we're not likely to forget it.
Overall it was a great weekend. We caught fish, slept well and the grandparents all got plenty of baby time. I think a good time was had by all.
No comments:
Post a Comment